Alignment: Chaotic Java

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

The horrible SAXException

This is obviously going to be one of my rant posts.

I've been working with SAX for a while, and I have to say that the SAXException (javadoc) class couldn't have had a better name chosen for it.

First of all, it can "wrap an exception that is not a subclass of SAXException". Great. But why is it wrapping an Exception (javadoc) class?

Why not accept Throwable (javadoc), the way most exceptions in Java do, including Throwable itself, accepts (javadoc to ctor)?

But that's the least of my problems. I changed my exception class to extend Throwable. My worst problem is when it's thrown - It does not show the Causes! Instead it seems like It only appends their getMessage (javadoc) values together!

Horrible, horrible class. I guess I will have write to the Mustang forums again.

Related Topics
org.w3c.dom should be deprecated
Time to make a difference in your Java
X2J on the firing line

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home